8531[ksurf] Re: Naish Bladder Inflation

  • Stefano Rosso
    Jan 1, 2000
      david trewern <davi-@...> wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/kitesurf/?start=8512
      > In some parts, the seam had pulled away as much as 5mm, and the
      leading edge bladder is being held together by the threads only. The
      fabric at the seam has lost it's stability. None of the
      > threads have snapped - so the leading edge is still ok, and seems
      strong. I am worried about this getting worse though - or damaging the
      bladder. (You can easily see the bladder through the
      > streched threads at the seams.)

      I first saw this on my wpika 8.5 a long time ago. Bruno Legaignoux
      (designer) told me that some stetch was expected (about 3-4 mm) more
      was not a good thing. If you use some rubber cement it will reinforce
      it and this was his recommendation. I sold the kite so I cannot tell
      how long it lasts but i never had problems.

      With a naish i assume the same holds.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic