70668Re: [ksurf] NAISH X4 16M KITESURING KITE steve carson city thanks

  • lord_stone_monkey
    Jul 8, 2008
      thanks bud
      i will try it that way and lmao i know what you mean about slamming
      into the wet stuff it is a lot more forgiving than a beach
      and your advice is a lot more useful than some comments i got
      and your right water launch is a new exp for me but i should get the
      hang of it quick
      nice one again bud.
      chris
      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, Steve <stevesgroups@...> wrote:

      > Hey Dude -
      >
      > First off - make a control bar for one of your smaller 2-3 meter - four
      > line stunt kites and play with it a bit. It's not much different but
      > you'll save wear and tear on your X4. fronts go to your harness and
      > rears to the bar ends. The biggest diff between that type of trainer
      and
      > a X4 is that on the X4 when you pull on the bar you get more power not
      > less. You can't stall an X4 - so set up your line lengths so you can't
      > stall the trainer kite to get the right feel
      >
      > 2nd - go look at some 5 line control bars - that's what you need. They
      > are pretty cheap these days -Your best bet is a Naish 5 line control
      > bar. Next would be some other brand. I like and use North bars on
      Naish
> [...]
      hit
      > water- much softer and what you need to learn right off is how to do a
      > water relaunch, you've never had a kite that could do that.
      >
      > Steve
      > Carson City, Nevada, USA
      >
      > lord_stone_monkey wrote:
      > >
      > > thanks for the advice even though i know your probably right i will
      > > probably ignore it (i do that allot)
      > > i had some lessons given to me for my "ehemh cough" birthday.lol but
      > > theay went tits up as a company.
      > > i am the kind of nut that grabs the bull by the horns much to the
      > > amusement of my mates.
      > > when i flew my nassa for the first time as i was dragged and bumped
      > > over the rocks at llanaber north wales in A 15 mph of shore,
      > > never used break lines before and didn't see the need for the things.
      > > (any how the bruise that went down the right hand side of my body from
      > > face to shin healed in about 5 or 6 weeks no biggy)
      > > the reason i got my nassa was because the guy in the shop said the
      > > smaller version killed a guy the week before.
      > > (dragged him through a wall)
      > > i was thinking YES REAL POWER as i handed him the cash.
      > > i can fly and jump it now using my old climbing harness tied to my
      > > bars lol bit daft i know but,
      > > acting with out thinking can be entertaining at times.
      > > using my nassa to power my kayak across the lake at bala when i lost
      > > wind half way across, i ended up with a wet kite, and dumbo, thought
      > > there was no need to take the paddle, so ended up swimming towing a
      > > boat and 10 mtrs of soggy kite.
      > > try it its kind of fun on a warm day.
      > > so what can you advise to minimise death? lol
      > > death makes you antisocial, i had a mate that caught death he never
      > > comes round or calls any more.
      > > having someone put me in the right direction would be nice so i dont
      > > waist cash on stuff i dont need .
      > > i do fully intend to use it on land before i take to the sea start off
      > > small in ponds(on short lines) and work my way up.
      > > and as for the safety of others i dont intend to have a crowd to watch
      > > the fool for the first time (apart from me mate dave, my old climbing
      > > partner, who takes great delight watching the stone monkey getting
      > > banged up on rocks.
      > > take it easy
      > > chris
      > >
      > > --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com <mailto:kitesurf%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > > George <ynotkite@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Chris,
      > > >
      > > > I'm glad to hear you're getting (or getting back ) into flying
      > > kites. However, much has
      > > > changed over the years...
      > > > Kitesurfing can be dangerous. Search on 'kiteforum.com' for
      > > 'fatalities' and you'll see what
      > > > I mean.
      > > > For your safety (and the safety of others) and your enjoyment,
      > > > I recommend that you take lessons first. Your life is valuable!
      > > During the lessons, many of your
      > > > questions will be answered, and the money you spend will be well

      L P plz

      > > > HI i was wandering if any one could help me i just got a naish
      x4 16m
      > > > (off my other half as a prezzie) and although im a old hand at kite
      > > > flying having one of the first peter powle stunt kites (about 33
      years
      > > > ago lol)and one of the original flexifoil 10 footer and nassa
      wing for
      > > > my buggy (slow but powerful) and a few foils in between i understand
      > > > the dynamics of the wind but NEVER used a bar for controlling a kite
      > > > before.
      > > > TO THE QUESTION :
      > > > can any one recommend a decent control bar and harness for this
      > > > kite(in the cheap ish bracket)as it has not got one. (kite only).
      > > > And why you would recommend it.
      > > > am i better of with 4 or 5 line set up or even if i can use a 5 line
      > > > set up. i have explored the net for answers but this only
      confuses the
      > > > issue further.
      > > > it all started with me geting a side winder board out of my local
      > > > paper about 7 years ago for 10£.
      > > > but i want to give it the best of British try any how, before
      deciding
      > > > to go for the mega bucks dogs nuts thing, and spending a years
      wage on
      > > > a set up lol. any advice at this stage would be good.
      > > > thanks in advance
      > > > stone monkey
      > > > chris

      7/7/2008 7:40 AM