      From: lord_stone_monkey
      Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2008 5:56 AM
      To: kitesurf@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [ksurf] NAISH X4 16M KITESURING KITE controle setup H E L P plz

      thanks for the advice even though i know your probably right i will
      probably ignore it (i do that allot)
      i had some lessons given to me for my "ehemh cough" birthday.lol but
      theay went tits up as a company.
      i am the kind of nut that grabs the bull by the horns much to the
      amusement of my mates.
      when i flew my nassa for the first time as i was dragged and bumped
      over the rocks at llanaber north wales in A 15 mph of shore,
      never used break lines before and didn't see the need for the things.
      (any how the bruise that went down the right hand side of my body from
      face to shin healed in about 5 or 6 weeks no biggy)
      the reason i got my nassa was because the guy in the shop said the
      smaller version killed a guy the week before.
      (dragged him through a wall)
      i was thinking YES REAL POWER as i handed him the cash.
      i can fly and jump it now using my old climbing harness tied to my
      bars lol bit daft i know but,
      acting with out thinking can be entertaining at times.
      using my nassa to power my kayak across the lake at bala when i lost
      wind half way across, i ended up with a wet kite, and dumbo, thought
      there was no need to take the paddle, so ended up swimming towing a
      boat and 10 mtrs of soggy kite.
      try it its kind of fun on a warm day.
      so what can you advise to minimise death? lol
      death makes you antisocial, i had a mate that caught death he never
      comes round or calls any more.
      having someone put me in the right direction would be nice so i dont
      waist cash on stuff i dont need .
      i do fully intend to use it on land before i take to the sea start off
      small in ponds(on short lines) and work my way up.
      and as for the safety of others i dont intend to have a crowd to watch
      the fool for the first time (apart from me mate dave, my old climbing
      partner, who takes great delight watching the stone monkey getting
      banged up on rocks.
      take it easy
      chris

      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, George <ynotkite@...> wrote:

      > Chris,
      >
      > I'm glad to hear you're getting (or getting back ) into flying
      kites. However, much has
      > changed over the years...
      > Kitesurfing can be dangerous. Search on 'kiteforum.com' for
      'fatalities' and you'll see what
      > I mean.
      > For your safety (and the safety of others) and your enjoyment,
      > I recommend that you take lessons first. Your life is valuable!
      During the lessons, many of your