70643Re: [ksurf] shark phobia

  • Gabe Le
    Apr 1, 2008
      mostly probably not attacked when kiting, but I can imagine sharks could attack some butt which is hangin' too long in the water :D
      kidding asside: while the rider is in water (mostly shallow, right?) and sharks are near, anything can happen. These creatures are very curious, and they react also to splashes (which kitesurfers do).

      I personally haven't heard yet of kitesurfers nor windsurfers being attacked.
      Nevertheless, knowing an area which HAS sharkies, I'd stay away from there.

      Anybody else?

      Gabe

      miquelor <miquelor@...> wrote: hey, anyone has had an encounter with a shark while kiting? the area
      where i kite has tiger sharks, but im not sure if you could be attacked
      while kiting