70546Re: [ksurf] 5th line help required

  • George
    Aug 14, 2007
      Actually the 5th line was a great advancement in
      safety and I would strongly recommend it to anyone
      starting out. When you release to 5th it is
      similar to holding the kite from the center of the
      leading edge
      and there is is a fairly small pull. The way to
      avoid tangling is to *not* route the line
      through the bar. I made my own 5th line setup and I
      wouldn't go back (I fly C-kites). I still think 5th
      lines are less complicated than bridles which can
      break, and pulleys can jam up, etc..

      I recommend that you go to your nearest kite
      shop and ask someone who sells Naish kites to
      explain the use of their 5th line. You can also
      go to kiteforum.com and search for '5th line.'
      You will find plenty of discussions on that subject.

      Good Luck!