70419Re: Newbie Question on Kite to Buy (Big Air)

  • llissauer
    Apr 11, 2007
      Wow! Heavy dude wants to kite in very light wind. (Or my conversions
      are wrong: You are 92 kg and want to sail in 7-13 knots?)
      I have a few advices for you:
      Stick to wakeboarding -or-
      Find a windier place -or-
      If you don't want to move and really really want to kiteboard:
      Buy a big board (I'd recommend a Liquid Force Mission
      (http://www.liquidforcekites.com/images/boards_mission144.jpg) for a
      wake-style rider of your size or an even bigger board for the winds <
      10 knots.
      And for the kite I am afraid that you'll have to resort to a big
      monster like the Flysurfer Speed 2

      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "kc_philipm" <kc_philipm@...> wrote:
      > I have been a wakeboarder for 10+ years and would like to try
      > kiteboarding. I am interest is in jumping and have been looking
      > around ebay for a kite to buy so my question is which brand and model
      > would fit this use? The winds I would be looking at are between 8-
      > 15mph on most days and I way around 205lbs. thanks
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic