7029620m line length as standard

  • hungvu2000@rogers.com
    Dec 1, 2006
      20m line length should be the standard in the future

      Flat LEI allows us to fully depower such that we can use slightly larger
      kite

      We can drastically change the lift during jump that we don't need longer
      line length anymore.

      Shorter line gives us more safety than longer line (no unpredictable nor
      undesirable power peak due to uncontrollable situations)

      These two combinations are perfect for shorten the line length to make
      kiting less dangerous

      We used to use 30m line length in the early days, 25m line length with 4
      line kites. With SLE, the standard line length should be 20m

      In the future, I would like to see new features that allow us to use 15m
      line (maybe the physical minimum for kiting).

      Hung.