70114Sonic v Crossbow - was Re: [ksurf] Flat kite accident?

  • CCKiteboarder@hotpop.com
    Jul 18, 2006
      I am interested in your comments on Crossbow and Sonic. Would like to
      hear more. How are they simialr and different. Why do you like the sonic
      better?

      --
      Steve
      Carson City, Nevada, USA

      On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 20:34:17 -0700, Greg <Greg.Walsh@...> wrote:

      > I had to relase from a Crossbow once. The kite had inverted and was
      > being a pain to relaunch so I thought I would leave it down and drift
      > ashore.
      >
      > In the meantime the kite decided to right itself and relaunch fully
      > powered up. The steering lines had tangled in the long dangley trim
      > adjusters and I had no way to control the kite so I pinged off.
      >
      > I now have about 70 hours of riding a Sonic in every kind of wind
      > conditions (including outrageously over powered) and have never had a
      > moment's trouble with it. One Sonic 11 and 2 kiteboards (Underground
      > 2006 FLX 132x39 and plywood 135x49) make a great quiver for allround
      > riding.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic