70096Flat kite accident?

  • hungvu2000@rogers.com
    Jul 12, 2006
      I have been using the Waroo extensively for the whole winter, spring and
      almost half of the summer now!

      Everytime I switch back to the classic, foil and other types of old
      kite, I notice how drastically safer the flat kites are.

      Looks like with the flat kites, accident will be drastically reduced
      (especially the lofting or dragging into hard object accidents).

      I would like to hear some statistics regarding the flat kite accident
      world wide (especially the lofting or dragging into hard object accidents).

      P.S., The stopper ball on the chicken loop is great and make the kite
      behave similar to a classic when you are not holding the bar (for
      deadman trick or other reasons), but at the same time, it makes the kite
      only as safe as the classic unless the tension on the stopper ball is
      set to real low (then you cannot do the deadman trick anyway).
      Personally, I would set the stopper ball as far as possible on land and
      may move it in closer when in deep water. The other option is to always
      set it to as far as your arm can reach or not having the stopper ball at
      all especially if you want a safer flat kite.

      P.P.S., The other benefit of the flat kite is the ease of board
      retrieval, you can literally swim back to your board and don't really
      have to body drag upwind. Board leash and board leash accident is
      definitely a thing of the past as you have more choices and can
      always get back to your board regardless the state of the wind (body
      drag upwind was difficult in way overpowered and way underpowered
      situations).

      Hung.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic