69871Re: [ksurf] Bow kite or classic lei kite?

  • Lex Lissauer
    Feb 21, 2006
      Hi Robert,

      I do like the GKSonic. It don't think there is anything really wrong with
      it. Any kite is a trade-off and has it pros and cons, otherwise there would
      be only exactly one type of kite, no?

      The things I don't like about my GKSonic:
      - Not being able to adjust the depower strap while sailing and the excess of
      rope dangling from my cleat.
      - I can't do really tight kiteloops. The back lines are too slack for that.
      This also causes that I can't steer without really powering the kite. And
      even then:
      - the steering feels indirect: the kite responds delayed.

      This can of course all be caused by my lack of experience or wrong
      adjustment of the lines/bridles or both. Many adjustments can be made.
      Unfortunately I did not find any documentation about line/bridle set-up or
      adjustment for the GKSonic anywhere on the Internet and certainly not on the
      GlobeKite site. Did you? Then please let me know.

      In the 1 month that I sailed it I had it repaired twice. First I had the
      stitching of the leading edge reinforced over the whole length, because the
      inner tube threatened to bulge out and once the cloth ripped from the
      trailing to the leading edge with a "normal" crash. Now maybe there was
      already a tiny tear, which makes the chance of ripping the whole a lot
      bigger. It can just be bad luck and the Brazilian climate is a kite killer
      anyway.

      Kind regards,

      Lex