      From: <kitesurf@yahoogroups.com>
      To: <kitesurf@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 3:54 AM
      Subject: [ksurf] Digest Number 3514

      There are 4 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Vegas 06 kites
      From: "fatkidonline" <fatkidonline@...>
      2. Beginner's boards - advice?
      From: "pjminor_uk" <jonathan@...>
      3. RE: Vegas 06 kites
      From: "Klotz, Michael MD" <michael.klotz@...>
      4. Re: Beginner's boards - advice?
      From: Erik Mermagen <mermagen@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 04:18:37 -0000
      From: "fatkidonline" <fatkidonline@...>
      Subject: Vegas 06 kites

      Has anyone tried the new north vegas kites? Everyone is hyping them
      up. How about the ocean rodeo one kites?? Which is better? I like the
      fact that ocean rodeo stuff is built to last more than 6 months.
      I have vegas05 kites that work great.

      Message: 2
      Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 13:42:17 -0000
      From: "pjminor_uk" <jonathan@...>
      Subject: Beginner's boards - advice?

      I'd be very grateful for some advice about boards suitable for learning on.
      Despite looking
      all round the web, most of the descriptions of boards seem to be filled with
      marketing
      hype, and I just can't work out what I should be looking for.

      1) I'm 85Kg, very tall (wide stance), with 15 years windsurfing experience
      on wave.
      2) I have some limited kiting experience on an old wipika 15m, with a 6 foot
      8 directional.
      I've also had a few lessons.
      3) I've just purchased a 2nd hand Slingshot Fuel 13m for learning. (It may
      not be the best
      option but I'm constrained on funds.)
      4) I will sail on the UK coast on rocky/stony beaches, so durability is
      important. No real
      waves but plenty of chop.
      5) I just want a board for learning, zoooming around on, learning to go
      upwind and
      progressing. Nothing fancy at this stage.

      So what should I be looking for in a board and the dimensions baffle me
      since beginners
      boards seem to come in a range of sizes?
      If I was to buy new, I would get an Airush Square 3, but not sure what
      boards I should be
      going for if I try to get one second hand. SHould I just go for anything
      with similar
      dimensions thats not too old? I'd prefer to get something good rather than a
      cheap thing
      which a shop just wants to get off its shelves.

      Many thanks for any help you might be able to offer.

      Jonathan M

      Message: 3
      Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 09:01:09 -0800
      From: "Klotz, Michael MD" <michael.klotz@...>
      Subject: RE: Vegas 06 kites

      I was in La Ventana last week and demo'd the Vegas '06. I loved it! I
      currently ride Rhino '04s and prior to that I learned on Rhino '02s (and
      survived). I rode a 10M while I had been on my 12 Rhino. Very stable,
      quick, slt less bar pressure than the Rhino, great going upwind. I need to
      replace at least my 12M this season and am seriously considering the Vegas.
      I want to demo the Rhino '06 and slingshot fuels. I tried the SS Octane and
      felt it was too twitchy for my level of learning tricks (I can jump and do a
      backrolls only to date). Tried the Best Waru (sp?) which was my first time
      on a Bow kite. Too much bar pressure in my opinion, but only spent 30 min
      on it and didn't fool with tuning. Great price!
      Never tried Ocean Rodeo kites.
      I ride mostly in the Gorge and am looking for a kite with wide wind range
      and that can handle gusts. Feedback is welcome.

      Has anyone tried the new north vegas kites? Everyone is hyping them
      up. How about the ocean rodeo one kites?? Which is better? I like the
      fact that ocean rodeo stuff is built to last more than 6 months.
      I have vegas05 kites that work great.

      to the most frequently asked questions.

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      DISCLAIMER:
      This message is intended for the sole use of the addressee, and may contain
      under applicable law. If you are not the addressee you are hereby notified
      that you may not use, copy, disclose, or distribute to anyone the message or
      any information contained in the message. If you have received this message
      in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete
      this message.

      Message: 4
      Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 19:44:55 -0500
      From: Erik Mermagen <mermagen@...>
      Subject: Re: Beginner's boards - advice?

      Find a Slingshot LFT. TONS of upwind confidence. Fairly light. EASY up
      on plane. Not too huge. I had one and LOVED it. I think it was 167cm or
      so. I got mine for $200. Ride fast. Take a lot of chances.
      Erik
      On Jan 31, 2006, at 8:42 AM, pjminor_uk wrote:

[...]

      ---
      [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude/F-Prot Virus]

      ---
      [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude/F-Prot Virus]
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic