69034Re: [ksurf] Twinskins

  • Anne Gasc
    Jan 24, 2005
      When you learn you need the easiest, safest kite you can find...
      You should check on ikite.com, free classifieds and find an affordable old kite (you're going to ruin it within a few months anyway) and you'll see that they are ALL inflatable ones.
      Foils could be fun but really why don't you take the experience from others instead of learning teh hard way?...
      Naish kite are the ones I use and after trying cheaper ones (Best, EH, RRD etc...) I come back to a point: Naish & North are the best!
      Have fun
      Aloha,
      Anne

      suntrax <brian@...> wrote:

      Hey Mark

      I did say I was biased!! but was also empathising with the vintage.....

      Not wanting to go into too much detail at the time, my point about Flexifoil
      is that they are a company who have been making ram air kites for a long
      time and after trying unsuccessfully to market ram air kites for
      kitesurfing they went back to the drawing board and developed an inflatable
      kite range for that purpose - surely a company with so much experience with
      ram airs would have stayed with that style if they believed it to be the
      right thing.

      We also have a (new model) demo Flysurfer Ectsacy in the store, but apart
      from Steve my main team rider (who is also a paraglider) I can't get people
      to try it. Having flown it myself I find it too unpredictable to inspire
      confidence - but maybe I am too old........... the bar, depower and leash
      system is top drawer.

      If Graeme lived in Cape Town we would already have him riding a Boxer :-)

      Best regards

      Brian

      (========o]>
      ./`\/````````\-/\.....