68992How to fly the kite in the correct position

  • Chris Cowart
    Jan 9, 2005
      This question applies to water start and normal flying...

      I use a Naish bar with chicken hook and harness line. I often dive the
      kite [in the chicken loop only] unhooked from the harness loop put with
      hand pressure on the bar. Even if I start the dive with a turn
      backwards, it seems that the kite ends up too close the wind window
      edge and with not much initial power. On the plus side, it seems to
      put me in a setup that I go upwind, but not superfast.

      I've tried:
      - diving in both harness loop and chicken loop
      - slight backward move before diving

      Any thoughts to get me more on a plane and more power?
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic