      From: Aaron Giandonato [mailto:aaron72@...]
      Sent: Sat 12/6/2003 10:58 AM
      To: kitesurf@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [ksurf] changing theequipment...

      Hi everybody!!
      After getting started in kitesurfing only few days in the Italian seas, on last November I went to Cape Verde where I spent 2 weeks training hard and finally I learned to go upwind and trying my first jumps.
      For this kite trip I brought my own equipment: a kiteboard RRD bidi 170cm (not so good for entry-level) and a kite RRD type 4.1 16m.
      Now I'd like to buy new equipment and I need some suggestions about board and kite shapes and manufacturers:
      1) KITES: In Cape Verde I've been rescued 2 times: I did not succedeed in relaunching the kite because of the strong wind that was dragging me up to Boa Vista Island. So, I need a good relaunchable kite... I've read something about the RECON system employed by Cabrinha. It seems to be a good safety system especially in relaunching the kite (it is almost "invisible"). Another system I read about is the one adopted by wipika which includes a 5th line but.... more lines, more troubles....
      More over, the SS fuels are attractive (especially the 2004 production) in terms of performance and material used in construction... Is Naish a really good one??...
      So... too many brands are confusing me... What about size and Aspect Ratio? Are those safety systems credibles?
      I think I'd have to buy 2 kites. It's better a 12m and a 18m or a 10m and a 16m? What about the manufacturers?? Do you think Cabrinha is a good choise?? which is the best model that combines safety and performance?
      2) BOARDS: my intent is to buy a board (not so "radical") which allows me to surf in medium/strong wind. For this reason I think that 140-145 cm is a good lenght What do you think about the slingshot SX series? Are Drops boards good ? Someone told me that the Cabrinha ones are good... Is the Naish "Stubbie" suitable for intermediates??

      Please... help me!!!
      I wish you all the best.

      Aaron

      http://www.KiteHIGH.com
      ph: 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA or
      ph: 1 808 637 KITE (5483)
      Em: support@...

      DISCLAIMER:
      This message is intended for the sole use of the individual to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose, or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete this message.