67518Re: are boxers low aspect high performance ??

  • wyndjunkie2000
    Dec 1 4:21 PM
      is there anyone out there that knows anything about the boxer
      kite,or has seen them from a distance even. seems like there's no
      one on the other end unless your selling some safety idea... leash
      strap or some gimick that won't save people anyway!!! stay away from
      large imovable objects. hows that for a safety system. not trying to
      be rude at all I've flown hanggliders for years and all this safety
      stuff is a mask for good common sense. (IN FLYING)dont do arabatics
      under 1000 ft, it takes 500 feet to realize somthing isn't right.
      200 feet to respond to that, and not much left for the chute to
      deploy. don't kite with any object at least a football field away.
      if you do you are taking your chances, you most likely will not have
      the time or the sense to respond... a shackle with a release ball
      and an o shit loop is hard to beat. only thing better is common
      sense. no disrespect to anyone killed or injured. this(EXTREME)
      sport has risks. (not to say there aren't freak accidents). I have
      lost 3 good friends in flying and again common sense would have
      saved every one of them. this is a high risk sport treat it as
      such... now any one know anything about the boxer kite?? J

      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "wyndjunkie2000" <wyndjunkie@m...>
      wrote:
      > or are they a one size fits all I have a friend that lives in
      maui
      > and according to him some of the people on the beach that could
      have
      > the kites of there choice are in fact choosing and riding
      > boxers... could it be that boxers are just like the aero 1 with
      the
      > turning ability of the aero 2. I am just alittle confused as to
      why
      > I might need an x3 or v4 when some of the top riders are riding
      > boxers who knows they may just be out of cash this season.
      > highly unlikely!. I would love some input from some experienced
      > riders that own or have ridden the boxer, maybe compared to other
      > naish kites. I have read info on all and have ridden everything
      > but the v4 and the boxer. naish has a wonderful way of
      highlighting
      > the kites attributes without ever really telling you anything I
      > think the boxer might be a low aspect high performance kite sold
      at
      > a low price point just to attract new blood J
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic