66906Re: Weather in Cabarete

  • flygirl93402
    Sep 4, 2003
      hi Aaron,

      I am with the kitesurfing center and hotel Kitexcite in Cabarete,
      Dominican Republic. Traditionally, Oct/Nov we get a bit of rain but
      the last two years, Oct-Dec has been pretty good with the rain coming
      in Jan/Feb. Even with "rainy" season, Cabarete still manages to eke
      out 65-70% kitesurfable days during the "off months", and about 300
      kitesurfable days a year. As weather patterns are off this year
      worldwide, it's anybody's guess what this fall will bring!

      Marina
      Kitexcite
      Cabarete/dr

      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, aaron72@v... wrote:

      > Hi everybody!!!
      > I'd like to go to Cabarete for 2 weeks, planning to arrive there in
      the last
      > days of September. It seems, as I learned from some sites, that
      Sep. and Oct.
      > are months not suitable for kitesurfin because of the weather (many
      > rainfalls). Anyone of you have been there in this period? Do you
      have any info
      > about it?
      > Thanks a lot.
      > From Italy