65780Re: <<<<<<<<< Bitches >>>>>>>>>>>

  • loco4viento
    May 5, 2003
      Hey DT,

      You've made lots of posts over the years but I'll say this was
      among your finest. Spot on. A few years ago everybody was cool
      to everybody like we were all brothers and sisters discovering
      new things every session. Too bad these days we have to put up
      with an increasing number of little pricks with ego problems
      trying desperately to be cool and putting down others who are
      having a blast doing things their own way. Like you, I kite to put a
      smile on MY face and don't give a crap if somebody like Nigel
      approves or not.

      I'm not trying to be too hard on Nigel. I don't know him at all and
      would hate to misjudge him based only on his arrogant and
      intolerant words. In person, he might well be a nice little bitch. ;-)

      John

      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "vide72au" <vide72au@y...>
      wrote:
      > Whose the little whining bitch?! Who made you the style
      police?

      > It seems that the real whiners are the ones that are too worried
      about what style is in
      > and what is out. Get over yourself and your 'cool style' and chill
      out.

      > Does anyone remember kiteboarding 3-4 years ago? There
      was no attitude and no
      > bullshit like that that had been built up in surfing and
      windsurfing. There was no
      > teritory wars, and no one blasting around with a stupid
      screwed up look on their face
      > like they hate everything and everybody on the water. For a few
      years - this was the
      > best thing about the sport, and the fact that every session you
      could try new things
      > and push boundaries, and everyone else you met with a kite
      was open and cool.

      > Now we have these little narrow minded fundamentalist dicks
      who want to preach the
      > rules of how to ride, how to grab etc. Personally, I don't give a
      toss. I am not about to
      > go and buy a mag to read what I should be doing so I can be
      cool. I am not
      > kiteboarding to impress anyone. My ego is OK how it is.
      Kiteboarding is personal -
      > and not evey one is an exhibitionist who wants to follow the
      rules of whats cool this
      > week. The funny thing is that the real people leading the
      charge don't give a crap
      > about what's cool either. They do it for the fun and the
      challenge and they mix it up.

      > It's also too early to be locking in to one style. What's cool is
      people like Elliot Leboe
      > who has used wakeboards for years, out there boosting huge
      a few years ago with
      > foils (which I must admit are quite gay ;-) or riding waves on big
      surfboards or
      > foilboards or whatever. its about innovation, not doing the
      same tricks you were
      > doing behind your boat 10 years ago.
      >
      > Personally, my ultimate session is like the old days. Wind and
      sun and just a few
      > dudes trying new things. Whether they be wakestyle, 'dick
      tricks' whatever it's all cool.

      > it's the little moron red necks like this guy who will eventually
      kill our sport.

      > And I don't rember anyone knocking wakestyle. I do remeber a
      few people saying that
      > no-whip is a little odd though... Why pretend you are behind a a
      boat and only do 3
      > foot jumps when you have a kite that you can send?
      >
      > P.S. What is a dick trick anyway? Is that chicken loop style with
      board off, 1 footers
      > etc?
      >
      > You have to admit that some the people that ride this style -
      people like Boombie,
      > Bill, Ben Wilson etc. are pretty good riders. ;-P
      >

      > --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "big_ohr" <bigohrr@a...>
      wrote:
      > > Just read the archives concerning the australian nationals ...
      You
      > > guys bitching about guys who ride with wakeboards really
      are
      > > fags.
      > >
      > > You want kiteboarding to stay as some foul form of aerial
      ballet..
      > > Slow and gay with no consequence. Yuk. The recent massive
      over use of
      > > board off dick tricks really turned it to crap. Might as well spin
      > > yo-yo up there, there is really no difference.
      > >
      > > It is old nerds like you that are keeping the sport gay. Rather
      go
      > > and measure your chicken loops and chat about how long
      they are on
      > > the internet than go ride. Its embarrasing.
      > >
      > > If they ever make it cheap enough and the kids come in and
      take over,
      > > things are gunna change...
      > >

      > > You really are a bunch of little bitches.
      > >

      > > OHR
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic