64389Re: [ksurf] Re: Kitesurfing places in South East Asia

  • David San
    Feb 3, 2003
      --- "zetabetamu <soloflight@...>"
      <soloflight@...> wrote:
      > Hey Andrash,
      > I've sailed(windsurfed) in Boracay Island,
      > Philippines a lot a times
      > before and I'm telling you,that place is just EPIC.
      > They have an
      > annual windsurfing competion (usually on Jan.)that
      > attracts hundreds
      > of competitors everytime bec. of the beautiful white
      > sand beaches and
      > and nuking winds. So much potential for
      > kiteboarding, beach is not
      > that wide but is about 2 miles long. First 500 yards
      > is waist to
      > shoulder deep and butter smooth because of a reef
      > about 1 mile
      > offshore that protects the inside from the wind
      > driven chop. Season
      > is from Nov.-April, the rest of the year the wind
      > shifts to the other
      > side of the island and only works when there is a
      > typhoon ( 10-60+
      > knots+) . Wind starts to fill in AM at about 10-11
      > AM and then blows
      > the whole day 5-6 days a week during the windy
      > season(15-25+ knots).
      > No wetsuits required! Just to let you know, I am not
      > connected to the
      > PHIL. Dept. of Tourism, I'm just one stoked dude
      > from California!
      > Francisco
      >

      > --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "vasvari54
      > <Shenmen@s...>"
      > <Shenmen@s...> wrote:
      > > Hi,
      > > Does anyone know about good kitesurfing places in
      > South-East Asia.
      > > wonder about Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, etc.
      > > Any info, personal experiences, ideas´┐Ż?
      > > Thanks.
      > > Andrash
      >
      > Hey guys I have been to the Phillipines Boracay
      many times, i was there in Sept 2002 kiteing on the
      white sand beach where all the hotels are located, we
      had good winds and breaking shorebreak waves onshore
      winds great fun!!! also i was their2003 this month
      during their windsurfing regatta,did alot of kiteing
      on the opposite side of the island good winds and
      waves on the outside. My friend runs a kiteboarding
      school and gear rental
      kiteboardingboracay@... tel# (036) 288-3663
      / DAVE

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com