63772Re: Kiteboarding Mag Attitude Problem

  • Anthony <captain1@iname.com>
    Jan 1, 2003
      Jim,

      I dont even see why you sould want to buy the magazine at all. I have
      eventually found that the magazine is definitly not worth my ten
      bucks! The gear reviews are really late - I can read about the latest
      kites here and even see them on my beaches (Australia) before
      Kiteboarding has a review. Even then their reviews seem a little
      biased.

      And tricks...... shit with some of the tricks these days a photo
      sequence is really not worth a lot. First picture he is heelside.
      Next picture he is in the air backwards. What the F$ck happened in
      between?? Oh there is a caption lets read it. It has words that I
      never heard of "tantrum", "KGB", etc...... If I go from heal side to
      a tantrum then it would generally involve me falling to the ground
      and pounding my fists on the floor while screaming. I know these
      pro's are brats, but how do they do this then end up in the air??

      You wanna learn tricks - then get videos. There are plenty of free
      ones on the net. These you can run in slow motion on your PC and see
      exactly what is happening. Way more instructional than the "picture
      out-of-sequence"

      For the rest of the mag - well I dont want to spend $10 just to read
      ads or lame editorial bullshit. Use the money more wisely and buy a
      McDonald meal - at least you get to enjoy it twice!

      Cheers

      Anthony

      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "jimhartnett45 <jimhartnett45@y...>"

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic