62289Re: [ksurf] Re: So cal winds

  • LA2WNDSRF@aol.com
    Nov 7, 2002
      In a message dated 11/6/2002 7:54:37 PM Pacific Standard Time,
      kiteboarder@... writes:

      > but I believe San Felipe
      > blows from Thanksgiving nearly THROUGH Easter. I've also heard that
      > Lake Mojave is a pretty good bet all winter too, but I don't know how
      > gusty it is. For that matter, I can't remember how gusty it is at
      > San Felipe (only been there when I used to windsurf

      been to Lake Mojave 1x at Thanksgiving time - won't go back, too cold and too
      gusty.

      SFelipe is not gusty, its steady ocean breezes. However it can blow Santa Ana
      winds during Thanksgiving from NE, 30-40mph due to a High Pressure system
      over 4 corners, this happens only 10-20% of the time. Clearing winds from a
      passing storm to the North is frequent though - with it being rainy in LA/SD
      - a clearing wind scenario is possible, with frontal winds too. Its warmer
      water and air in San Felipe than US, which of course is nice!
      Scott