62058Re: #2 [ksurf] Re: So cal winds

  • LA2WNDSRF@aol.com
    Nov 2, 2002
      In a message dated 11/1/2002 5:35:46 PM Pacific Standard Time,
      kiteboarder@... writes:

      > checked out the archives at iwindsurf.com?

      ikitesurf.com

      hey Stefano - Mel, is giving you some good details. Dont worry about SoCal,
      you can do A LOT worse and NOT muchbetter by being located here.
      Because of mild air & water temps, we kite here ALL
      year long. Sure,Late Fall & Winter are not as consistent, but would you
      rather be in freezing water or snow?
      One good Spring&Summer here, is better than LOTS of other places.
      The beaches here are really nice for friendly launching and landing (xcept
      maybe Cabrillo). Sea Breeze picks up between 1pm-3pm most days.
      Avg wind from North Orange County to Santa Barbara is 12-20 mph, 3-7 days out
      of the week in Spring&Summer.
      Oh sure, we have low clouds that can shut off or reduce seabreezes, but there
      are work arounds with other locations to drive to.
      Too bad you'll be located in North San Diego-or South OC,
      you will have to drive most times -
      Enjoy La Vida Viento Loca !
      Scott

      ifeelthesharpbladeofcausticremarkescomingupmyspinefrompeoplethataresupposedfri

      ends.