60481Re: [ksurf]Leash - Safety system - autoreturn after doing a back/frontloop

  • kiteboard2000
    Oct 1, 2002
      --- In kitesurf@y..., "Peter Frank" <pf@4...> wrote:

      > Most systems won't work well under load - and you are under full
      load
      > all the time...
      > I ALWAYS use a safety leash, and until a good useable unspin
      system
      > appears, I'll just jump the other way around to unspin. This is
      > really good practice anyway.

      There are several systems which spin quite well, because they use a
      separate swivel for the leash (which has very little load). There's
      one pictured at
      http://scka.org/images2/spinleash2.jpg
      It's not all that clear, but just below the shackle there's a
      stopper ball, & then a plain stainless O-ring, to which the leash
      attaches. Very cheap, simple, & effective. It's shown with a
      center-line sliding-ring leash, but should work equally well on a
      rear line, &/or with an old style system.

      Mel
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic