      Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 10:00:42 -0400
      From: "Dwight & Jacky" <fishersfort@...>
      Subject: Kiting banned in NC as of Jan 1st.

      I got this note from a windsurfer today. It's not a joke.

      If you haven't already heard, kitesurfing has been banned as of Jan.
      1 at all inland lakes controlled by the division of State Parks and/or
      the Wildlife Resources Commission. This includes Jordan, Falls, Norman,
      Phelps, Badin, High Rock, Waccamaw, etc. The first ticket was written at
      Jordan Lake in April. There is growing concern about possible fallout
      from this onto some coastal sites like Bogue Sound, and even the Basin.
      (Hatteras too?)
      According to my contacts, Army Corp of Engineers is actively studying
      the issue.

      Dwight