5590[ksurf] Re: Kite size / weight ratio

  • George Hradil
    Oct 2, 1999
      Hi, Dave, I am one of those lurkers and as an engineer I enjoy your
      posts, however, I do not feel I have much to add on top of your long
      experience and sound analysis.

      I also mess around with radio control sailplanes and I have an
      appreciation of the 3-D wind picture which most sailors don't. It is
      amazing how many lulls on the water are actually the leward side and
      bottom of a thermal. This is significant for kite surfers, can you use
      the upward velocity?

      FYO there are several small telemetry devices available to measure air
      speed on RC aircraft. Should be light and small enough to put on a kite
      to measure on kite wind velocity. I don't know about water proof though.
      I will e-mail you specific vendors if you are interested.

      Regards George Hradil
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic