54667? Re: cabrina 9.4 too high in wind window

  • peter_frank_dk
    Jun 2, 2002
      Just out of curiosity - what does the question "too high in the wind
      window" mean ?

      The higher a kite sits in the window - the better performing it is
      (high AR kites sits very high in the window - and the 2002 Black Tip
      is very high AR).

      It (a kite that sits high in the window...) goes better upwind, has
      less resistance - flies fast, and jumps excellent.

      The downside is usually that it can luff in unstable winds, or stall
      backwards in light winds - but that is the price for performance !

      Or is it simply a trim question ???

      :-) Peter Frank

      --- In kitesurf@y..., "schreeve29" <sschriever@j...> wrote:
      > thanks
      >

      > --- In kitesurf@y..., "zaluskim" <zaluskim@m...> wrote:
      > > Make sure all your leaders are even middle same as outside
      lines.
      > Connect
      > > all your lines to the same knot at the kite and that should
      help.
      > If you
      > > have it set up this way and fly in the chicken loop then the kite
      > will
      > > respond very well, if you do not fly it in the chicken loop then
      > the kite
      > > will be too open and stall. This is how I and all my friends
      ride
      > all of
      > > our Black Tips.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic