54644Re: GASTRA kites: GASS or just hot air?

  • philflying
    Jun 1, 2002
      We haven't get much reviews about the gaastra kites in the group. The
      few feedback I got from riders who have tested them over here is not
      very impressive. Performance of these kites seems to be very
      dependant on the tuning (bladders pressure, lines length, etc..). To
      be short, if they are not perfectly tuned they behave like bitches,
      and with the best tuning they are just average kites.
      According to rumors (I know it's just rumor) Gaastra is likely to buy
      the Legaignoux licence and issue a more standard kite.
      Any info of that from the group?

      --- In kitesurf@y..., "janwcoffey" <janwcoffey@y...> wrote:
      > Just came form windfest. It looks like a nice kite, but they aren't
      > letting you demo, so I can't speek to the performance.
      > Speeking of Gastra, they have boards designed by Jhona in Santa
      > The boards looked very nice. I hope to demo one this weekend.
      > --- In kitesurf@y..., "kiteboard2000" <kitebord@p...> wrote:
      > > --- In kitesurf@y..., "kimeza" <pullhard@h...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > Does anyone have any
      > > > thoughts or experiences with the Gastra GXS series with
      the "GASS"
      > > > baton in the middle of the leading edge?
      > >
      > > The theory is that it allows a smaller diameter LE tube (which is
      > > more aerodynamic & takes less time to pump), while still
      > > the "taco" folding of the kite (which can hinder waterlaunch).
      > >
      > > Paul: I see you're in SoCal. One of your local dealers has a
      > > 14m.
      > >
      > > Mel
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic