53994Re: Advice on Rhino

  • bc91au
    May 19, 2002
      hi paul,
      i would definitely recomend a toro as opposed to a rhino. i
      used my 10m toro for the first time yesterday and was stoked with its
      flying abilities. it seemed to do everything the rhino does but
      better. it had amazing power whilst being easy to control in the
      gusts. it was super responsive but not too fast in the air (as i
      found the 9.3m rhino to be. apparantly the toro is better at both
      ends of the sizing scale with the big ones turning quicker than the
      big rhinos. the team riders are also now riding toros as a
      competition kite. this kite will surely also have better relaunch
      capabilities to help u progress with minimal time swimming. i also
      noticed that i went upwind easier and jumped with alot more pop
      especially in transitions with this kite as opposed to the rhino.

      i think this kite has more benifits for most people than the super
      high aspect X2 and ive flown both.

      -- In kitesurf@y..., "drsurfau" <dave@m...> wrote:
      > Hi Paul.
      >
      > I started with a Wipika 6.5m Classic. Believe me, when I started
      using
      > a larger 4 line Kite that was the point I started to rapidly
      improve.

      > Sure there are some things you have to learn on a 4 line kite,
      > especially a higher aspect one like the Rhino, such as water
      starting
      > and not letting the bar go too often. These are issues that are
      much
      > less of a problem with the low aspect 2 line Classic.
      >
      > But the Rhino is really designed to fly 4 lines and is a really
      nice
      > kite to fly. (I had one too) Two line kites are good for learning
      > skills in steady winds but if you want a wider wind range and fly
      in
      > gusty winds you cant beat a 4 line kite for ease of use.
      >
      > Oh and when anyone says that 4 line kites are gay and follows that
      up
      > with a lot of other insults like ballet kick crap etc you can
      easily
      > tell that it is them who has the problem. They just can't accept
      that
      > others should be free to choose the kites that suit them and their
      > conditions. A bit sad really.
      >
      > Go the Rhino if you feel its right or think about the new North
      Toro.
      > It's a bit lower aspect than the Rhino and has been getting some
      good
      > reviews. Could be the best of both worlds.
      >
      > Have fun, Dave (Dr Surf Australia Ph. 02 4443 7665) COM
      >
      > --- In kitesurf@y..., Paul Jarvis <misterpauljarvis@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Now I am really confused. I had always thought that 2 lines was
      a learning, less tangles, easier set up type of thing that you did
      before progressing to 4 lines where you would ultimatley have more
      control, faster kites faster turns and more wind range. What kites do
      you fly Rony? Does anyone else fly 2 line kites once they have become
      proficient?
      > > On another tack, got up and planing for the first time today.
      Only 4 - 5 seconds at a time but it felt great. 6.5 Wipika Classic, 2
      lines. Only just had enough power in 13 - 15 knots or so. Desperately
      need another kite but just cannot make my mind up. Thought I had
      narrowed it down to a Rhino or Free air. Now I am not sure.

      unsubscribe@e...>

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      call 01243 530576 or e-mail to phoneinchi@a...