52971Sport of the month[ksurf] Re: Poll Result: Do you think kites are too expensive?

  • drsurfau
    May 1, 2002
      Touché :-)

      My sentiments exactly.

      BTW, I went and priced an island today. You know the type, warm, windy,
      lots of scantily clad women on endless sandy beaches and no kitesurf
      restrictions etc.

      Well I was outraged, islands are sooo expensive! I reckon it's reached
      the point where only the rich can afford to buy them. Someone should do
      something about it! Are you listening Carlo, Henryk?? How about a poll?
      That'll fix it!

      Moral of the story, kites are cheap compared to islands, expensive
      compared to your average potato. Half the world doesn't even have
      access to clean water and yet some on this group complain about the
      price of everything?!!

      Get your priorities right, go have a kitesurf.

      Now at the moment in Australia wind is scarce, I'll pay, but not too
      much. Any offers of cheap wind?? Anyone?? :-)

      Go on have fun, everyone on this group is fucking privileged to do this
      sport!!

      Dave (Dr Surf Australia) COM

      --- In kitesurf@y..., "Suntrax" <Suntrax@i...> wrote:
      > Hey Dave (Dr)
      >
      > Guess what! Our newest shipment of Naish kites has come down by about 6%,=

      > the manufacturers must be reading this group! ;-)
      >
      > Unfortunately it's only because our lousy exchange rate has improved, but=

      > this will make Andy at Kitehigh happier as it pushes up our export prices=
      !

      > Kitesurfing is alive and well in Capetown and everybody is complaining ab=
      out
      > the prices of kites and sunglasses and jetskis and televisions and
      > windsurfers and motorcars and skateboards and and and and....... but MOST=
      LY
      > A LACK OF WIND!
      >
      > Best Regards
      >
      > Brian Wilson