      * From: fabinhoj [mailto:fabinhoj@...]
      * Sent: Saturday, 2 February 2002 4:53
      * To: kitesurf@yahoogroups.com
      * Subject: [ksurf] Re: would 15.1 Mach1 be good for me?
      *
      * How are you setting your lines on your 15.1 ? All four lines equal,
      * or I should leave the frontĀ“s lines bigger like on the naish kites?
      * Tomorrow is my first day with this kite :)
      *
      * cheers
      * FAbio
      *
      *
      * --- In kitesurf@y..., "Kitepower" <kitepower@b...> wrote:
      * > G'day Aaron
      * > Leon Clemones, a local rider here, and good mate of John Messenger
      * our new
      * > National Champ has been witnessed riding the 15.1 in 25 knots, he
      * weighs
      * > approx 95kg and was riding an Underground Fridge Door 1.38
      * > John Messenger was watching, and he knows the wind strength in this
      * area, it
      * > was his FD Leon was riding!
      * > I spent approx 2.5 hrs on the 15.1 last Sunday, in winds ranging
      * from 8 to
      * > 14 knots, onshore.
      * > I first went out on a 1.41 LT as I had lent my FD to a local Arc
      * flyer. It
      * > was fine in the gusts above 10 knots and I was getting 2M jumps
      * with it, but
      * > when I saw the arcoholic go in for a rest or something I swapped
      * boards,
      * > from then on I hardly sludged at all, except in a sustained lull
      * when I was
      * > caught in a wind hollow as well.
      * > I just ran 50m up the beach to a little sand spit waded out and got
      * going
      * > again. Once I got stuck in the river on an incoming tide, just
      * walked back
      * > to the same spit and stayed in the bay.
      * > I was getting overpowered on some runs with the FD, and was able to
      * get some
      * > 3M+ jumps, great upwind angles, heaps of speed, it was a great
      * session and
      * > proved the bottom end of the range to me for the Mach-1 and a
      * bigger guy
      * > like Leon will get top end figure quoted.
      * > Top End for me on the 15.1 will be approx 16/17 knots, after which
      * a smaller
      * > kite like the 12.1 is more fun (for me), but I'm a bit different as
      * I have 2
      * > quivers of kites to choose from at the moment (North and F-One).
      * The Naish
      * > Aero is another kite I want to try soon, the 14.0 has just landed,
      * and I
      * > will get one on Monday. I weigh 70kg approx.
      * > I did not use a fixed harness line on this session but wished I had
      * one. I
      * > was forced to sheet the kite out to get the most out of it in the
      * lulls, but
      * > would have been in the fixed line all the rest of the session.
      * > The Mach-1 is not like the arc in any other way other than the way
      * you can
      * > sheet it out to increase forward speed which can result in more
      * power!
      * >
      * >
      * > Cya and
      * > Goodwinds
      * > Steve McCormack
      * > http://www.kitepower.com.au
      * > mailto:sydney@k...
      * > Open 7 days
      * > 126 Beach St, Coogee, Sydney, Australia 2034
      * > Phone +61293157894
      * >