46923RE: Keep it secret...[ksurf] Re: would 15.1 Mach1 be good for me?
- Feb 1, 2002You know Leon, Kinsley?
He blew it big time there were a dozen very experienced Sydney kiters with
him up at Fingal bay a couple of weekends ago!
126 Beach St, Coogee, NSW, Australia 2034
Open 7 Days 9.30 - 5.30
Also at 386 Latrobe Terrace Geelong Vic
* -----Original Message-----
* From: xtremebigair [mailto:Kinsley@...]
* Sent: Saturday, 2 February 2002 5:12
* To: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Subject: Keep it secret...[ksurf] Re: would 15.1 Mach1 be good for me?
* Hey Leon,
* You are blowing the secret...
* I have been riding the MACH1 15.1 for about 4 months now...
* MACH1 15.1 Production kite is truely range from 8 kts to 30kts ++
* NO, I do not have fun with the kite in 30kts but it helped me in
* situation such as in Barbados last December. (The very tiny beach of
* Silver Sands was overly crowed as kiters got blown out and getting
* rescue on the tiny little silver sands beach and the windsufers
* dashing out, the wind was blowing 30 kts, so I just edged it my kite
* as much and rode in the 30kts wind for 10 mintues until the beach
* clear and came in...)
* The Mach1 15.1 really has a big wind range! I am 70KG/155lbs and ride
* the TT142. I rig the Mach1 15.1 with 20M and 3M leader line. The
* production kite comes with 27M line and 1M Leader line.
* In wind 8kts, I don't have fun.
* in wind 10kts, yes I can crank out sweet jumps.
* In wind 12-18kts=PERFECT WIND RANGE for me with the MACH1 15.1!!!
* Just got the F-One Mach1 18.1 and Airush LIFT 12M yesterday: got to
* test these babies out this weekend! PRAY FOR WIND!
* Read more of MACH1 15.1 review and other kites review at my web site:
* Go Xtreme,
* Kinsley Wong
* --- In kitesurf@y..., "Kitepower" <kitepower@b...> wrote:
* > G'day Aaron
* > Leon Clemones, a local rider here, and good mate of John Messenger
* our new
* > National Champ has been witnessed riding the 15.1 in 25 knots, he
* > approx 95kg and was riding an Underground Fridge Door 1.38
* > John Messenger was watching, and he knows the wind strength in this
* area, it
* > was his FD Leon was riding!
* > I spent approx 2.5 hrs on the 15.1 last Sunday, in winds ranging
* from 8 to
* > 14 knots, onshore.
* > I first went out on a 1.41 LT as I had lent my FD to a local Arc
* flyer. It
* > was fine in the gusts above 10 knots and I was getting 2M jumps with
* it, but
* > when I saw the arcoholic go in for a rest or something I swapped
* > from then on I hardly sludged at all, except in a sustained lull
* when I was
* > caught in a wind hollow as well.
* > I just ran 50m up the beach to a little sand spit waded out and got
* > again. Once I got stuck in the river on an incoming tide, just
* walked back
* > to the same spit and stayed in the bay.
* > I was getting overpowered on some runs with the FD, and was able to
* get some
* > 3M+ jumps, great upwind angles, heaps of speed, it was a great
* session and
* > proved the bottom end of the range to me for the Mach-1 and a bigger
* > like Leon will get top end figure quoted.
* > Top End for me on the 15.1 will be approx 16/17 knots, after which a
* > kite like the 12.1 is more fun (for me), but I'm a bit different as
* I have 2
* > quivers of kites to choose from at the moment (North and F-One). The
* > Aero is another kite I want to try soon, the 14.0 has just landed,
* and I
* > will get one on Monday. I weigh 70kg approx.
* > I did not use a fixed harness line on this session but wished I had
* one. I
* > was forced to sheet the kite out to get the most out of it in the
* lulls, but
* > would have been in the fixed line all the rest of the session.
* > The Mach-1 is not like the arc in any other way other than the way
* you can
* > sheet it out to increase forward speed which can result in more
* > Cya and
* > Goodwinds
* > Steve McCormack
* > http://www.kitepower.com.au
* > mailto:sydney@k...
* > Open 7 days
* > 126 Beach St, Coogee, Sydney, Australia 2034
* > Phone +61293157894
* > -----Original Message-----
* > From: sactear [mailto:arf@g...]
* > Sent: 01 February, 2002 4:07 PM
* > To: kitesurf@y...
* > Subject: [ksurf] Re: would 15.1 Mach1 be good for me?
* > The short answer is "no". The long answer is: Get a bigger kite
* > than the 15.1 for the 10-12 knot session. Something like a 19.5
* > naish size or bigger. For the 13-16 knots the 15.1 would be easy
* > and controllable. For the 16-25 knots go with something like an
* > Airush 9.4 or Mach 12.1 or equivolent, possibly as small as a
* > Liquid force 9.0 size. Whenever the wind blows up around
* > 25knots average in my area we see guys on 5.0 - 7.0 size gear.
* > The posted range on the 15.1 Mach 1 more correctly refers to the
* > overall range of the kite - you will not be kiting in 8 knots with
* > and you will be off the water well before the wind gets anywhere
* > near 25knots average. Maybe 25 on the gusts but not 25 average
* > with gusts to say 40knots or more.
* > -Aaron
* > --- In kitesurf@y..., "hudson_gs" <hudson_gs@h...> wrote:
* > > I'm looking for a kite to replace my 13.5 ARX which I use with a
* > > mutant in 10 to 20 knots or so. I'm about 75kg and was
* > wondering if
* > > anyone with experience with the F-One 15.1 Mach1 can vouch
* > for its
* > > range and power. Supposedly the range is from about 8-9
* > knots to 25
* > > knots or more. Also, Steve said something about the Mach1
* > flying a
* > > bit like an ARC where it helps to sheet out when diving the kite
* > to
* > > get speed.... in the lower wind range I like riding in the fixed
* > > harness line a lot (up to about 15 knots or so on my kite)....
* > does
* > > the Mach1 fly well when not hooked into the depower loop?
* > (I've heard
* > > that you can't really ride an ARC properly without being hooked
* > into
* > > the loop.... is this true?) Anyway, I probably ride 10% in 10-12
* > > knots, 30% in 12-15 knots, 40% in 15-18 knots, and 20% in
* > 18-22
* > > knots. The ARX rocks most of the time but I could use more
* > power in
* > > 10-12 knots and start having to go really slow to stay in control
* > in
* > > more than 20 knots. Would the 15.1 Mach1 be good?
* > >
* > > Thanks,
* > > Hudson
* > Support your local kitesurf association !
* > <<<to unsubscribe send a message to kitesurf-unsubscribe@e...>>>
* > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
* Support your local kitesurf association !
* <<<to unsubscribe send a message to email@example.com>>>
* Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>