43059Re: Check out www.gaastrakites.com Innovations !

  • c_batalha@clix.pt
    Dec 2, 2001
      Nice shape!!! Maximizing the project area will be the way to go in
      the future. This will make small kites to have more power (probably
      whats being happening with 2002 Cabrinhas and Airush kites?? Once you
      can pump them like rock, the kite designer will be able to make a
      more eliptical shape on the LE and so have more project area).

      But I would like to see Gaastra kites pics instead of drawings... I
      find hard to believe that they will be able to do such a "square"
      shape, even with a spar (cause it will have to be a REAL hard spar to
      hold that shape). Such a spar will not be a light weight for sure and
      will be a pain in the ass to pack.

      Good winds
      Carlos Batalha

      --- In kitesurf@y..., emet.cormon@v... wrote:
      > A lot innovations in the new GAASTRA kites
      > http://www.gaastrakites.com
      > .Only one bladder to pump
      > .Battens
      > .Special better performance form: very long horizontal part and
      > relatively sharp turn
      > .Gaastra accelerator system: sounds great !
      > .Parts look strong and sturdy and tamper proof.
      > WOW !
      > Just buy it and test it, so I know how good and better it is.
      >
      > Now almost all windsurf sail makers (Naish, North, Gaastra) are in
      > the business. Just Neil Pryde ?
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic