41682Re: [ksurf] 2002 Airblast 10.0 kite review

  • deejay@zeta.org.au
    Nov 5, 2001
      G'Day All,

      I would like to say a few words about the 10.0 Airblast kite and
      about a few of the comments made by people after having seen me ride
      the 10.0.

      The talk of jellyfishing is justified if you watch my kite when I
      sail, this is due to the extreme wind speeds I sail in. Wipika
      recommend the 10.0 be ridden in 12 to 18 knots. When flown in
      these "lighter winds" the kite rarely jellyfishes. In fact it is
      very stable and flies great.

      Jellyfishing only occurs when you are sailing completely depowered in
      very strong winds, as soon as you pull on the bar to apply power, the
      kite stabilizes almost immediately.

      I have been using my 10.0 in winds gusting from 15 to 27knots, as you
      can see this is well above the manufacturers recommended wind
      envelope.

      The jellyfishing causes no pull or jerking on the bar, and if you
      don't look at the kite, you cannot tell that the kite is jellying.

      When sailing yesterday, I rigged my 8.4 and was nicely powered up on
      it, before I had "an incident" with the kite, causing me to come in
      and use the 10.0 and the bar from my 11.8. The 10.0 was great fun
      and I stayed out for about two hours in these conditions which
      increased in strength till I was just too worn out to continue.

      You need to fly a 10.0 before you decide whether you will like it or
      not. The kite turns exceptionally well on short or long bars and is
      very controllable in all wind strengths that I have had it up in.

      Hope this explains some of the posts going around,

      Cheers and Best Winds,

      Darren Marshall
      Australian Kiteboarding School
      www.australiankiteboardingschool.com

      > I have yet to see a kite jellyfish as badly as The Wipika 10.oM AB,
      but
      > riders say you cannot feel it at the bar and it goes away as soon
      as you
      > tighten the back lines.
      > Anyone found a way to get rid of the jellyfishing on this kite?
      >

      > Cya and
      > Goodwinds
      > Steve McCormack
      > http://www.kitepower.com.au
      > mailto:sydney@k...
      > 126 Beach St, Coogee, NSW, Australia 2034
      > Open 7 Days 9.30 - 5.30
      > Also at 386 Latrobe Terrace Geelong Vic

      Sean

      unsubscribe@egroups.com>>>