41504Re: [ksurf] 2002 Airblast 10.0 kite review

  • deejay@zeta.org.au
    Nov 1, 2001
      G'Day Steffano,

      I found the kite to deliver smooth power, the kite was tugging but
      this was attributed to insanely sharp gusty wind. The gusts would
      hit like bullets and any kite would have had the same problem. On
      that day, I was the only one to be able to work the conditions. Sean
      was out on an 8.4 AB and was being Tea bagged violently, John was out
      on an 8.5 Freeair (4 line) and also got creamed as was Roland out on
      a naish 7.5. The 10.0 was bigger than all the other kites in the
      same conditions and I was able to stay out for quite some time. I
      attribute this to a great kite with great gusty wind performance. An
      Arc would have developed too much apparent and would more than likely
      have been difficult to control the speed.

      Best winds,

      Darren Marshall
      Australian Kiteboarding School
      www.australiankiteboardingschool.com