41474Re: simplicity versus high tech/latest gadgets

  • clinton1za@yahoo.com
    Nov 1, 2001
      It is because the sport is so new I think. If you look at windsurfing
      it is amazing how the windranges of all of the equipment gets bigger
      and bigger and the more simple and functional everything gets.

      That should be the future of the sport for real growth, safety,
      simplicity and less gear required (Lower cost). But this is a group
      that is visited by many gear heads and I think there is also a very
      different side to the market.

      Clint

      --- In kitesurf@y..., loco4viento@y... wrote:
      > For real simplicity, once in a while I like the old foil on handles/
      > backstrap...throw it on the beach and launch, no pumping, no
      harness,
      > no leash, jump on a board and go. From in the car to on the water
      in
      > about 3 minutes. John
      > > --- In kitesurf@y..., "Paul Coutinho" <paul_coutinho@y...> wrote:
      > > > I read this newsgroup everyday.
      > > >
      > > > Sometimes I´m amazed by some of the stuff that I ready, as far
      as
      > > new things coming out and latest gadgets and things of the sort.
      > > > and I wonder at what point do these things actually start
      getting
      > > in the way a making your life much harder...?
      > > >
      > > > If there is one thing that I love to do, is to go into the
      water
      > > (given the right temp., of course) with just the kite, harness
      and
      > > board.
      > > > No wetsuit, no reels, no retractable leashes, etc ,etc.
      > > >
      > > > I might get crucified for posting this but raising these
      questions,
      > > I think is essential. Doesn´t anyone like to just surf (kitesurf)
      > > classic anymore?
      > > > Paul Coutinho
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic