364[ksurf] Re: Mail System Error - Returned Mail

  • David Raue
    Sep 29, 1998
      Sounds like you're a windsurfer! It's a sport I have absolutely no
      experience with, but obviously good prep for kitesurfing. Anyway, I agree
      with your assessment of shallow water. I sure wouldn't want to get stuck
      too far out. Struggling with all the gear get's exhausting FAST. Wear a
      life jacket.

      As for bodydragging, I could get roughly 30 or 40 degrees off downwind.
      Offwind slows down a lot though. Pulling the kite through the power zone
      can literally get you whole body planing on the surface of the water as if
      you're being pulled by a boat. You can also get slammed on the water
      pretty hard. Wear a heavy wetsuit and maybe goggles too. But now I'm done
      with kites for the fall. It's rock climbing time. Kites will come back
      out when the lakes freeze up in Vt and NH in a few months. . . .

      Let me know how Hatteras sound goes.

      Dave

      -----