34143Re: Conflict of Interest Cover UP

  • aruzer@yahoo.com
    Jul 1 2:08 AM
      ---Jeremy, thanks for braving the embargo
      No this is not about whether Steve is well liked.
      I'm sure he is
      It's about the foundations of kitesurfing in Australia being built on
      foundations that we can all respect.
      To have our peak association enjoying total credibility
      Surely Darren and all the committee members
      AND MEMBERDS
      we would all like that

      Aruzer

      In kitesurf@y..., "Jeremy H" <jeremy@s...> wrote:
> [...]
      sound
      > > fair to you? Each state chapter will be the group unto which
      local
      > > clubs will join to speak about their local issues. This is the
      > most
      > > unbiased and democratic structure we can put together so that
      every
      > > persons voice is heard and the structure is in place to push the
      > > sport into the next ten years and further.
      > >
      > > We do have strong support from a small handful of individuals in
      > some
      > > states willing to start putting things together in their local
      area
      > > to get the new structure off the ground, and to these people I
      and
      > > the committee members, I say thank you.
      > >
      > > Let me also tell you, 12 months ago when I used to send out the
      > > newsletter to all members via email, I would get NO RESPONSE from
      > 70
      > > recipients, even after a call to respond with a reply, just to
      make
      > > sure my email was working I would get 1 or 2 replies. This shows
      > the
      > > general level of apathy in the Australian kitesurfing community.
      > > Typical, no one says a word or lifts a finger to help, the
      > committee
      > > work hard and then those that enjoy the fruits of the committees
      > > labour sit around whinging and accusing of conflict of interest?
      > > Wake up to yourself. Now who's credability is looking shaky?
      > >
      > > Thanks and sorry to all the persons who do care and make an
      > effort.
      > > My personal thanks also go out to my fellow AKSA committee
      members
      > > who are at home in the cold, not kitesurfing and still working
      > > tirelessly in my absence. My hat is off to you blokes.
      > >

      > > MAHALO!
      > >
      > > Darren Marshall
      > > Founding President, Australian Kite Surfing Association.
      > > And Owner Operator of Australian Kiteboarding School
      > >

      > > --- In kitesurf@y..., aruzer@y... wrote:
      > > > Yes Darren,
      > > > But the AKSA has a credibility problem.In Australian
      > > > public sporting organisations, People
      > > > in ownership or
      > > > with a vested interest in a commercial business selling
      > > > equipment are normally barred from public office.
      > > > Is he AKSA Secretary?
      > > > It's not that Steve may be a top guy or the best man for the
      > > > job, it's just that people will say he could use his influence
      > > > as secretary for contacts for product sales.
      > > > Didn't anyone think about this when you elected him?
      > > > Look what happens to politicians with a vested interest.
      > > > Chop chop.
      > > > From what I've seen of him on this board he is an honest man
      > > > and certainly isn't a guy who would sell kites from the boot of
      > his
      > > > car. I'm sorry, In most organisations people who sell product
      > > > distance themselves from public organisations.

      Long
      > > > Reef
      > > for
      > you