      De: Andy Heaton [mailto:support@...]
      Enviado el: Viernes, 01 de Junio de 2001 04:03 a.m.
      Para: kitesurf@yahoogroups.com
      Asunto: Re: [ksurf] Little cut on the tube of my inflatable

      <<I've had tremendous success repairing cuts by using kite material
      (don't know the word for the material, you know, the stuff of which
      90% of the kite is made of) in conjunction with super glue. That's
      right, super glue.>>

      Hehe, classic, that's how I fix 95% of my kite tears, NEVER had a failure
      yet. Easy to carry and cheap.

      With a 5 inch tear, you can simply clean the edges of the wound, run a bead
      of super along one edge and slightly overlap the joint, about 1mm is enough.

      You will not see the repair and will actually have trouble FINDING it.

      Occasionally, if bad enough, I'll add a patch. the Wipikas are good because
      the bag, comes with a tag attached on the outside, it's for indicating the
      color of your kite. This with super glue is your perfect repair kit for the
      bigger tears...and a perfect color match too.

      My first kite, a 5m Wipika Classic (that's all there was in the inflatables
      then) I cut the bag it came in to pieces after numerous learning accidents.

      The entire classic bags are made of the same color and material the kite
      inside is.

      Ahh those were the days, cutting up your bag to fix your kite 'cause there
      was no one to teach you how to not damage your kite. I remember one of my
      runs from The canoe hale at Lower Kanaha all the way to the treatment plant
      (quite a way) with nothing more than my knees getting wet I was so powered
      up, ahh... so that's why there's no one out today...a bit windy hey,
      ok...mental note taken, next...

      I'll get off my rocking chair now....it was only a little while ago:)

      Kite on
      Andy Heaton
      http://www.kitehigh.com

      LiteWAVE Designs in stock NOW.
      16m Airblasts IN STOCK NOW
      Wipika Free Air 2000 Kites 30% OFF
      KHaTT Twintips Available on Pre order, high demand!
      Ask about beginner custom package deals.

      Em: support@...
      Ph: 808 242 2956
      Cl: 808 250 KITE (5483)