32114Re: [ksurf] Little cut on the tube of my inflatable

  • stonini@yahoo.com
    Jun 1, 2001
      I've had tremendous success repairing cuts by using kite material
      (don't know the word for the material, you know, the stuff of which
      90% of the kite is made of) in conjunction with super glue. That's
      right, super glue.

      Just make a small patch of kite material to apply over the cut, put a
      bit of superglue in the surrounding area (careful NOT to get it
      anywhere near the bladder), paste the patch, press for 5 seconds -
      and there it is. Heavy duty, will not open upb - and looks decent too
      (if you have matching kite material color).

      It does add a bit of stiffness to the area, but who cares when you
      have a 5 cm slit to close up. Certainly does not affect flying of the
      kite.

      Steve

      --- In kitesurf@y..., "CC - Steve" <kite_head@y...> wrote:
      > Just sew it up from the outside with an overhand stitch to keep it
      closed
      > then put a piece of ripstop tape over it. If you can reach the
      inside to
      > cover it too great - if not the thread will keep it together. Take
      the
      > bladder out first though - why risl poking it?
      > This is what I have done with good results.
      >
      > Steve
      > Carson City, Nevada USA

      Should
      > > I any
      > > with your

      > > > <<< to unsubscribe send a message to kitesurf-
      > > unsubscribe@egroups.com >>>
      > > >
      > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      > >

      > > <<< to unsubscribe send a message to kitesurf-
      unsubscribe@egroups.com >>>

      > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      > > <<< to unsubscribe send a message to kitesurf-
      unsubscribe@egroups.com >>>

      > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      > NetZero Platinum