30232Re: Stainless steel control bar

  • Greg Walsh
    May 1, 2001
      It just seems appropriate for something that's going to be used on
      the water to float. I can imagine it being an advantage for a bar to
      float but I can't think of a reason why you'd want one to not float.
      The aluminium bars float fine and I expect the carbon fibre one to
      float as well. Why not make one that floats when it's easy to do.

      Of course, you could always say why can't Naish make a decent bar
      when it's easy to do, or Ken Winner make a bar that doesn't wear out
      leaders when it's easy to do, or ......

      BTW. Had a look at the Cabrinha 4-line bar. It looks not too bad. The
      holes in the ends look a little small for the sliding leader leash
      thing, but there doesn't look to be anything sharp to wear the
      leaders. The chicken-loop mount is one of those clamp-on stanchion
      mount fairlead things. It would work very well but looks a little
      clunky.

      --- In kitesurf@y..., bitme1234@y... wrote:
      > why do you need it to float?

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic