19744Re: [ksurf] Anyone used Wipika's New 4 Line Bar?

  • Steve McCormack
    Oct 1, 2000
      Hi Steve

      Matt Colefax, the oz wipi distributor, and Ian Grose/Airborn Kitesurfing WA, both have one of the new 16.0's. Matt is raving about his (of course ;-) said it is the most well finished kite he has gotten, but also he described it as very close in size when he laid it over an AR5 15.5 and said that he thought the AR was lower than the AR5!?
      I suspect the black art of kite measurement could be similar to  picking the right numbers lotto :-))
      The bar is very interesting, I forgot to ask whether Matt had it too, I will email him and ask for you/everyone, cya and
      Goodwinds
      Steve McCormack
      www.kitepower.com.au
      sydney@...
      126 Beach St, Coogee, Sydney, NSW, Australia 2034.
      Ph/Fax 02 9315 7894 International +61293157894
      386 Latrobe Terrace, Geelong, Victoria, Australia 3020
      Ph/Fax 03 5229 5899 International +61352295899

      Just checked out the Wipika site.  The new 4 line bar looks real interesting.  Has anyone tried it?

      Also saw that the 16 m kite is in limited production. Web site says it is 16m "projected area".  That means twice the projected area of the AR5 15.5 which is 8.4 projected.  Is that right??

      Steve
      Carson City, Nevada USA

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic