17870Re: [ksurf] Age limit for responsible safe Kitesurfing???

  • Steve McCormack
    Aug 24, 2000
      Hi Jeff

      It's a bit of a curly one, but I think if the parent is responsible and
      constantly with the youngster then why not.? I was just reading an article
      on Lou Wainman, it said he started windsurfing when he was 9, look how good
      he is now at 25. You could find many similar scenarios with a lot of expert
      I would be recommending a 1.8M wingspan 2 line sport or foil kite if he has
      never flown. Does the parent who asked you kitesurf/fly kites?
      My son started flying sport kites when he was younger and is a very talented
      flyer now.
      I think each case needs to be considered carefully as you are doing, cya and
      Steve McCormack
      126 Beach St, Coogee, Sydney, NSW, Australia 2034.
      Ph/Fax 02 9315 7894 International +61293157894
      386 Latrobe Terrace, Geelong, Victoria, Australia 3020
      Ph/Fax 03 5229 5899 International +61352295899

      > I recently had a request from a parent, for a small kite for his
      > 10 year old kid. Should we as a group set an age limit who those
      > learning to kitesurf? Physical ability is NOT the issue, I'm talking
      > responsibility for the safety of others. There is a reason why drivers
      > licenses are not given to 12 year olds. What to ya think?
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic