16907Re: [ksurf] Re: peter lynn kites

  • Just Al
    Aug 1, 2000
      Emile,
      You'll find a straight bar also bars turning the 5.7m Waterfoil really
      difficult....like you say, it kills your arms in no time, so much so that
      you just can't hold on any longer.
      Also, as you pointed out, the 5.7 waterfoil is REALLY slow to turn on a
      bar...I've overcome this problem by fitting 'crossover lines' that activiate
      the brake lines as you turn the kite on two lines, so brake line turning
      from a two line bar. This also helps slightly with overcoming the amount of
      effort needed to turn these things on a bar, as the tension on the brake
      line depowers the kite slightlas it turns....its still an effort to do it
      though.

      Check out my new site for details on the crossover lines:
      http://website.lineone.net/~justal/WebPage/crossover_frames.htm

      I was actually thinking of experimenting with a 'bent' bar to overcome
      the problems...obviously from your experiences it won't work. I shall
      experiment with different sized bars though. Other than that, I think maybe
      a four-line bar will be the best option as the kites seems to fly fine on
      four line handles.

      Hope this helps.
      Al.
      --