12044Re: [ksurf] Re: 4-line bar - REALLY long lines

  • Steve Bateman
    Apr 4, 2000
      Dave Raue wrote:

      > With 200 feet you're going to either get so much
      > drag that the brakes are always on OR your brake lines will need to be so
      > slack that they won't work anyway. So it's NOT worth it, at least with 4
      > lines.

      I disagree. I fly my XXXL on 170 foot of line, 4 line mode. Works
      fine.
      I got plenty of slack in the brakes, and I can work the brakes just
      fine.

      Long lines give you plenty of room for error, and since I fly kites
      that aren't water relaunchable, that's important for me. Long lines
      do make jumps harder, especially in low wind range for the kite.

      --
      Steve Bateman geokite at excite dot com
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic