1117[ksurf] Re: Help me please!!!

  • srosso@bunge.com.br
    Jan 11, 1999
      === heres my 2 cents

      It seems to me that it
      is easier to kitesurf when the wind is at the top end of the scale
      rather than the bottom. Does anyone agree?
      === sure ! actually i would say the middle is the most comfortable - 20kts
      for a wipika 8.5 seems like a lot to me.

      1. I cannot go upwind yet. <snip>Any tips?
      Moving forward on the board does help a bit - just move the straps all the
      way forward and then you move the back foot to the middle of the board -
      its not stable but it helps. the 8.5 wipika needs about 13-15 kts to go
      upwind well (from mine and others experience) and you need to feel that you
      are really pushing with your legs - if you r legs dont hurt you are not
      going upwind.

      2. What is the best technique for a gybe turn? <SNIP> It is at this point I
      crash and burn.

      == Switch your feet fast ! if i remember correctly you are a surfer so you
      are not used to switvching your feet - you could practice on a surfboard !
      Its like when you learn to surf and you have to get up on the board in one
      smooth move - it has to become automatic.

      my best tip is to try and keep some power in the kite so it gives you some
      lift and holds you up and makes you more stable - I think it is probably
      easier for people that come from windsurfing as we have been practicing for
      years but it is (like in windsurfing) a psychological barrier - Its much
      easier than you think if you stop thinking about it