1088[ksurf] Re: Deadman Release for KiteSki Control Bar

  • Ian Young
    Jan 3, 1999
      >This looks like a great idea.... I'm wondering if your "leash" could
      be
      >attached to the end of the control bar either where the line enters
      the bar
      >or even through a separate hole drilled out? My guess is that it
      would do
      >the same thing?? What do you think?

      I tried this first some time ago but with the larger kites it does not
      allow the un-tethered wing of the kite to fully swing down wind and
      usually results in a rapidly spinning kite - definitely out of
      control.

      Cheers for now,
      Ian

      WinDesigns Australia:
      9 Oliver St, Scarborough, WA, AUSTRALIA, 6019
      Phone/Fax: +61 8 9245 4657
      Mobile: 0414 716 812
      Email: IanYoung@...
      Webpage: http://www.iinet.net.au/~ianyoung/