10859[ksurf] Re: Big foil and IO BAR CORRECTION

  • Greg Walsh
    Mar 1, 2000
      Stan

      Pushing the handles away slackens the brake lines same as 4-line
      handles (it may be more user-friendly but that's beside the point.)
      From what you're saying about the Advance Io Kite there's something
      about the kite bridle and brake setup that also changes the pitch of
      the kite when you push the handles away. Is this correct? Sounds like
      the bar is moderately unbelievable and the kite is the real source of
      the secret. If it's so radically different from all the other foils why
      don't Advance make more of a fuss about it?

      I thought you flew SkyTiger and Mosquito Pro KS and Seasmik etc etc
      etc. I don't recall you mentioning an Io before.

      Also, with winding lines on the Advance bar are you winding it figure-8
      style across the width of the bar or just round and round the diameter
      of the bar?

      It's good to see someone excited about a new toy. :O]
      Greg

      "dr. stan schiller" <eyed-@...> wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/kitesurf/?start=10857
      > Steve the bar is un*&$^(**%%&believable....I finally understand it,
      and
      > with the Io kite AND IO BAR the system of depowering appears simpler
      > than the Naish system of unhooking then hooking into smaller
      > loop.....You have probably about a 2 second delay with the Naish as
      > opposed to simply pressing on handles with th IO etc......
      > You could easily use a Naish with the IO bar.......
      > YOU ACTUALLY PUSH THE HANDLES AWAY TO DEPOWER,(this sheets the
      kite
      > out) then the kite slides right up to the edge of the window,and you
      > continue pointing really well!!!!!....BUT YOU MUST HAVE A FAIR AMOUNT
      OF
      > BRAKE TENSION FOR THIS TO WORK...And brake lines must go thru the
      small
      > rings off the control bridle......
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic