Some Australian connections

  • peter_kinsella2003
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2003
      Hi there!

      A brief roundup of my Kinsella family:

      My father Edward William Kinsella married my mother, Kathleen
      Pauline Shannon around 1936, in Blackrock, Co Dublin. They moved to
      Argentina and with a group of other Anglo-Saxons (Irish, English,
      Scots, an America or Canadian family) established citrus and ground
      nut farms at Victoria, Alto Parana, near the border with Paraguay.
      My younger brother, James (Jim) and I were born there.

      Things went pear shaped after the end of WW2 when Peron made things
      pretty hard for citizens from the winning side - so we packed up and
      came back to Ireland in 1948. We lived in Athy (Co Kildare),
      Waterford, and Dublin until I joined the RAF in 1953 as an
      apprentice. My parents and brother moved to London in the mid 50's
      and then migrated to Sydney, Australia. Both my parents are now
      deceased, my brother is married with three grown up children and
      living in a northern suburb of Sydney, and my wife and I are
      currently living in Gosford, about an hour north of Sydney. We have
      two sons, one is currently in the UK with his family - on a three
      year contract, the other is living in Perth, state capital of West
      Australia.

      I have been thinking of researching my family for quite some time
      but have always put it in the "Gunadoo" basket, until I stumbled on
      the Kinsella Clan home page with Google. I am really interested in
      trying to locate some of my cousins - the Shannons from Sidney
      Avenue in Blackrock, also John and Mike Shannon who I think headed
      for the UK, and any other people related to my Grandfather, William
      Corry Kinsella of Dunlaoighre (forgive the spelling, tis a long time
      since I set foot on the ould sod!)

      Regards,

      Peter
    • Justin Rossney
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 15, 2003
        Hi Peter, It�s good to hear from you. I don�t know if there is any
        connection between your Kinsellas and mine. I looked up Sydney Avenue in
        Blackrock and I know now where it is. I looked up the phone book and
        found a Jas P Shannon at 48 Sydney Avenue, Blackrock. His phone number
        is 01 2888482. I hope this might be of help.
        I don�t know how much information you have about my Kinsella connection
        but in case you don�t have it already here is an outline of my Kinsella
        relations. Please let me know if you have any difficulty in opening up
        this Ancestor page.

        Bessie above married Patrick Greene and their daughter Elizabeth
        Married my Grandfather, Joseph Rossney. If you have any more information
        on the North Wexford / South Wicklow Kinsellas please let me know.
        Regards
        Justin

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        HYPERLINK
        "http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=263590.3994033.5208759.1695382/D=egrou
        pmail/S=:HM/A=1782814/rand=448952475"

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the HYPERLINK

        ---
        Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

        ---