Kinsella Genealogy

  • rossneyj
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 13, 2003
      Hi,
      I am researching the family of Bessie (Elizabeth) Kinsella born
      about 1825 daughter of John Kinsella and Judith (Kavenagh) of
      Newtown, Coolgreany, County Wexford, (near Arklow on the border of
      Co.Wicklow), Ireland.
      Bessie had siblings, Mary Ellen, Martin and Pierce, One of her
      brothers (I think Martin) had children, Ned, Michael, Mollie and
      another Girl.

      Bessie married Pat Greene (son of John Greene) from the neighbouring
      townland of Ballyfad on 25 Sept. 1873 in Johnstown (Arklow Parish).
      They had John 1874, Mary E 1875, Julia A 1876, Elizabeth A 1878,
      Annie 1880 and My Grandmother Lizzie (also Elizabeth perhaps the
      other Elizabeth died young) 5 Apr 1882. Lizzie married my Grandfather
      Joseph Rossney in 1906. Annie Greene married Nicholas Ward and died
      on the birth of their first son. He later emigrated to the USA.

      During the 1887 Coolgreany evictions there was a Martin Kinsella
      evicted from Newtown and a Patrick Greene evicted from Ballyfad. We
      believe both of these were our ancestors families. We don't know
      where either family went to live after that. If you think your family
      may be related to ours or if you can help with information On the
      Kinsellas or Greenes please contact me at rossneyj@...

      For anyone researching this or other North Wexford families, I have
      a copy of lists of headstone inscriptions for the cemeteries at
      Ballyfad, Killinor and Limbrick. I would be happy to look through
      these for any one who thinks their family members might have been
      buried in the Coolgreany area. I also have a copy of the excellent
      book "Croghan to the Sea" by Fiachra Ó Lionáin and there are some
      references to Kinsellas. Another list I have seen is the 1901 and
      1911 census for Arklow Kinsellas this also has info which might be of
      use to some one.

      Justin Rossney
      Dublin

      rossneyj@...
    • Pat Kelly
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 13, 2003
        Hello Justin: Greetings from the State of Maine.
        I have been looking for a family of Kinsellas who resided at Doughkell,
        Carrig., in Birr, Ireland in 1953. Their children were: Larry, Eaman,
        Charlie, Kevin, Adam and Marie.
        Would appreciate hearing from you if you feel that there may be a
        connection.
        Pat

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 13, 2003
          Hi Justin I don't see a connection in our families at this time but I'll keep a copy of your letter. Maybe, something will show up later. Thanks, Jean

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 16, 2003
            Hi,

            Looking for the Kinsella family of Waterford City in 1860's. May have come
            from Co. Wexford earlier. My g.g.grandfather was James Kinsella. His son
            John, married Mary Fitzgerald around 1883. G.grandmother, Nellie (Ellen)
            born in 1884. Anything sound familiar to anyone? There were at least 8
            children: James, John, Margaret, Richard, William, Mary and Patrick.

            Mary

          • Jean Zaccaria
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 17, 2003
              Hi Mary, Sorry, no James Kinsella married to a Mary Fitzgerald. I don't have a James Kinsella until 1906. I'll keep your infomation in case they show up in my research. Jean