Kinsella in Laois

  • susang13682000
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2010
      I recently discovered my Matt/Mathew Kinsella (c. 1824-20 Sep 1882) was from Laois. He married Sara Kelly on 3 Feb 1847 in Castletown, Laois. The marriage information gave no names for either set of parents but gave Mathew's residence as Ballytasna (Ballytarsna perhaps?). Two known children are Mary (bap. 31 Jul 1851) and Luke (bap. 15 Jun 1853), both baptized in Rathdowney, Laois. Margaret (bap. 28 Nov 1848) is another possible daughter. She was also baptized in Rathdowney but the mother's name is given as Jane Kelly. Mathew, Mary and Luke left Ireland about 1870+/- and settled in Auburn, Cayuga Co., New York. Any other Kinsellas with Laois connections?

      Susan Gomez