Looking for Kinsella Information

  • akinsella56
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 26, 2005
      Hello all Kinsella's those not known to me and those known.
      I was born in Joliet Ill. to Michael and Florence Kinsella. Michaels
      parents were William and Elizabeth Kinsella.

      I am looking for whatever information might be out there. My father
      suffers from Alzheimers and he tells stories of growing up with a large
      family. In some areas this disease has robbed him of memories. If
      anyone recognizes the name from Joliet please email me.

      Thank you
      Ann
    • Michael Mead
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 27, 2005
        Ann,
        I am writing only because you said it was a large
        family. My gggrandmother was Katie Mead (nee
        Kinsella). She was married to Patrick Mead. They
        lived and died in the Cincinnati area. Let me know,
        please, on the slim possibility Katherine Kinsella may
        have been related to your family. Thanks, Michael
        Mead

        --- akinsella56 <ashkelfrd@...> wrote:

        > Hello all Kinsella's those not known to me and those
        > known.
        > I was born in Joliet Ill. to Michael and Florence
        > Kinsella. Michaels
        > parents were William and Elizabeth Kinsella.
        >
        > I am looking for whatever information might be out
        > there. My father
        > suffers from Alzheimers and he tells stories of
        > growing up with a large
        > family. In some areas this disease has robbed him of
        > memories. If
        > anyone recognizes the name from Joliet please email
        > me.
        >
        > Thank you
        > Ann

      • Jen D.
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 27, 2005
          Hello! My great-grandparents were William and Elizabeth Kinsella. My grandmother, Margaret, had a younger brother named Michael born April 19, 1918. They lived in Peoria, Illinois. Does this sound familiar to you?

        • Michael Mead
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 28, 2005
            These names are not familiar. My Katherine Mead (nee
            Kinsella)'s parents were Thomas and Mary. Katherine
            Kinsella was born about 1836 and died 1912. The only
            connection I know of to Illinois is my great
            grandmother Lyda Mead (nee Grant) was born in Quincy
            about 1859. However, I don't have any proof of that
            since Illinois records do not go back that far--so I
            was told.

            Michael Mead

          • ashkelfrd@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 28, 2005
              --- "Jen D." <gigi721@...> wrote:

              > Hello! My great-grandparents were William and
              > Elizabeth Kinsella. My grandmother, Margaret, had a
              > younger brother named Michael born April 19, 1918.
              > They lived in Peoria, Illinois. Does this sound
              > familiar to you?

              My father did have a sister named Margaret whom we called affectinately Aunt
              Marg. She lived in a large farm house across from a park (Kickapoo-sp) if I
              recall from memory. One of her daughters were named Elaine? She was probably 5
              years older then I was. There were several brothers James, Johnny, Rich
              (although I think Rich as an in law) sisters were Stasia, Kathleen, Marg, Annie (who
              passed away before I was born I think) and several others that I can't think
              of offhand.

              My fathers birthday is April 19 and the year 1918. THe family did live in
              Peoria, where we grew up in Joliet and then moving to California when I was
              around 9 years old.

              Is any of this familiar to you?

              I am so excited!

            • Edward Kinsella
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 7, 2005
                Well hello! I am a long forgotten Kinsella from Peoria, IL. Name is Ed Kinsella. My dad was your father's brother. I too have been trying to find our forefathers. Have gathered much info but lost most to a crash. We just had some of the cousins from Ireland here for the week last. Nancy Whelan is a daughter of grandpa Kinsella's sister. I am sending my e-mail because I have much better results there. Tell aunt Florance hello for me. And my best to your dad. I was out there several years ago and stayed with them. Hope to do it again and maybe I can get U Rich to come with. ED

                akinsella56 <ashkelfrd@...> wrote:Hello all Kinsella's those not known to me and those known.